Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Gold and Black



Just wanted to post one of a few new pieces freshly listed in my etsy shop!

The two black and gold images were so much fun to do. I love color so much, but the simplicity of two tones is really appealing - plus gold ink/paint is amazing. It's one of the first things I remember being drawn to in Art Nouveau and Art Deco design and illustration, that shining gilded effect. I have several ideas floating around for other ways to use these images, which is exciting to think about experimenting with!

I wish there were more hours in the day; I wish I could make things all the time.

2 comments:

  1. You have a fantastic blog! I'm following. Follow me back if you like:)

    http://sistergoldenair.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww, thanks! Your blog is wonderful as well - and love the name! ;)

    ReplyDelete